You’ll need one of the following I/O boards:
- An Arduino board (Uno, Zero, 101, Mega, Due, Yun, Leonardo, Pro Mini, Duemilanove, etc).
- Any of the Teensy boards (install the Teensyduino Arduino addon)
- Many other Arduino-compatible boards should work.
- See the full list of compatible boards.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Windows 7 or XP (you must have a 32-bit version of java installed)
- Ubuntu 11.10, 12.04 or 14.04 64-bit (32-bit may also work)
- Java Runtime Environment version 1.6 or higher must be installed. It’s pre installed on OS X. Windows and Linux users may need to install Java. Get it here (Windows or Linux users) or here (Linux users).
- Chrome version 14+
- Firefox version 11+
- Safari version 5+
- Opera 12+
- Microsoft Edge
Mobile Web Browsers:
- Firefox version 7 or higher
- Chrome for Android
Breakout may also run on older versions of OS X and Windows, but has not been tested. Likewise Breakout may run on other Linux distributions, but so far only Ubuntu 11.10, 12.04 and 14.04 64-bit have been tested. The OS requirements will be updated as new platforms are tested.